By the end of this course students will be able to understand and express themselves fluently and accurately in familiar situations. They will also be able to express themselves adequately using linguistically complex structures in situations they are not necessarily familiar with.
- Listening: They will be able to understand the gist and the specific details of conversations held by native speakers and of exponents of connected speech delivered by native speakers at a normal speed even when the topic is not familiar to the learner.
- Speaking: They will also be able to take part, in a pragmatically successful way, in conversations on any topic, providing opinions and personal attitudes effectively in a fluent and precise way.
- Reading: They will be able to understand the details and the communicative intention of non specialized texts of diverse styles and genres, on topics not familiar to the learner.
- Writing: They will be able to produce pragmatically adequate texts of different styles not only on everyday needs but on the personal and work-related needs of the learner, providing opinions and personal attitudes effectively in a fluent and precise way.
High Advanced 1-4 (C1/1 - C1/4)
- The article in expressions of emphasis. Verbs to express change
- Exchange and evaluate personal and general information
- Evaluate people´s attitudes
- Express acceptance, rejection and elusiveness with different degrees of enthusiasm
- Persuade and convince
- Give explanations and excuses
- Maintain diverse types of interpersonal relations
- Express accurately one´s point of view on an event
- Comment other people´s intentions
- Discuss, with different degrees of involvement, the subject matter of a conversation.
- Express and refute expressions of certainty, necessity and obligation
- Request and give explanations about cause, consequence, result and manner
- Express possibility and probability
- Accept and reject expressions of probability
- Express contingency of completion of actions upon other actions
- Give advice, make suggestions and recommend
- Express willingness to do something
- Express surprise or astonishment
- Express compassion
- Express resignation
- Express satisfaction
- Express agreement and disagreement
- Express annoyance
- Express indifference