In addition to our language courses, Instituto Cervantes is involved in promoting the Spanish Culture from more than 20 Spanish speaking countries. We rely on the collaboration of public and private institutions, companies and organisms from Spain and other countries.
We offer a meeting place for specialists from various fields. We continually invite researchers and writers to debates, discussions and seminars on literature, linguistics, art, cinema, history and much more.
Attending to an event
Most of our cultural events take place at the Instituto Cervantes of Chicago, in the auditorium, gallery and main hall, which is situated on the first floor of the building. Usually, the events start at 6 pm. Most of the cultural events are free-of-charge, but it is advisable to RSVP, due to the great popularity and the number of seats is limited. Event date and time are subject to change. Please check our website, call on 1 312 335 1996 or send an email to email@example.com for event updates.
Event attendees grant permission to the Instituto Cervantes of Chicago and its designees to utilize their image or likeness in connection with any live or recorded transmission or reproduction of such event.
To ensure our concerts are enjoyable experience for everyone, we´d like to remind you of a few do's and dont's.
- Ours is a listening room. Please turn cell phones off, do not talk or make excessive noise during the performance.
- Our venue is accessible to people with disabilities. We have an elevator at our main entrance door, located at 31 West Ohio St. If you would like accessible seating for a concert, please call us for tickets and mention your seating needs. We´ll be happy to help you.
- We try our best to begin all events on time. With that in mind, you should give yourself enough time to comfortably reach your seats prior to the event time, taking into consideration your parking needs and whether you will need to wait in line at Will Call to pick up your tickets. In general, we recommend arriving at Instituto Cervantes 20 to 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Program length varies, but a typical Instituto Cervantes performance lasts about one hour and fifteen minutes without intermission.
- Cameras as well as other recording devices can create major distractions for the artists and audience members around you. As a result, no still, video cameras or tape recorders are permitted unless otherwise authorized by the Instituto.
- We present special kid-oriented programs open to children of all ages. Please call 312-335-1996 for a list of these special performances. Children must be accompanied by an adult during the visit.
- If you purchased web tickets we will automatically hold the tickets at the Box Office.
- Artists, programs, dates and prices are subject to change. If an event presented by the Instituto Cervantes is canceled or postponed, we will announce the change—if time permits—by e-mail, phone and on http://chicago.cervantes.es. To confirm an event, call the Instituto Cervantes at 312-335-1996. We encourage you to use www.chicago.cervantes.es when purchasing your tickets or RSVP so that in the event of any significant changes we can contact you.
- There is a free unsupervised coat rack available to visitors located at the auditorium entrance.
- Foods or drinks are not allowed in the auditorium.
- The auditorium seats are completely general admission, unless otherwise noted and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Groups of 10 or more receive discounted admission when they book and pre-pay at least one week in advance.
- To purchase advanced admission for a group please call 312-335-1996.
Registration for the Instituto Cervantes of Chicago cultural events can be made in person, over the telephone, by mail, or on the web site.
Our address is 31 West Ohio St. Street.
Our telephone number is (312) 335-1996.
Please note: a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
The Instituto Cervantes of Chicago is a nonprofit organization committed to offering both free and fee based events. We will refund event fees upon special request which must be called in to and accepted by the Director no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the program. Fees are non-transferable to other cultural programs or classes.
Disclaimers and Helpful Links
If you wish us to keep inform of our cultural calendar, please fill in the following newsletter.